- 11/2kg leg lamb
- 6 small potatoes, (600g) peeled and halved
- 3 carrots, (300g)
- 600g pumpkin, (600g)
- Mixed herbs or fresh herbs with garlic granules and 2 teaspoons flour
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place lamb and vegetables into roasting bag. Add Recipe Base and close bag using included tie. Gently rotate bag to coat evenly.
- Place on an oven tray in a single layer. Pierce top of bag 4-5 times with a skewer to vent.
- Cook on centre rack of oven for 1 ¼ hour or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven, rest in bag for 15 minutes before serving.
If you do not wish to bake the lamb in a cooking bag, simply place the seasoned lamb…rubbed with herbs and garlic..in a pan or on the shelf above a pan to catch the drippings and bake for 2-3 hours in a medium oven until done to taste.
Test by inserting a skewer until no blood comes out, or use a roasting Temperature which is easier.
I then place the vegetables in the pan catching the dripping for the last hour of cooking, turning them after 30 minutes
This lamb roast is dredged with a tandoori mixture and delicious
Use the left over lamb in sandwiches or serve cold with salad the next day
I am now living in a house without a traditional stove or oven, and I also cooked on the Birdsville Track without an oven.
The answer here is the Convectional oven. here you place the meat with the vegetables around the meat all at the same level on the low tray and bake until they are ready when tested