- 500 gms pumpkin.. seeds removed, cut into 1″ cubes (keep or remove skin as you prefer)
- 2 large onions sliced thinly
- 3 tbsps finely chopped garlic
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp raw mango powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a flat pan and add the cumin and fenugreek seeds and fry till spluttering stops.
- Add the dry red chillies and fry for half a minute.
- Add the garlic and onions and fry till onion is soft.
- Add the powdered spices and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, sugar and season with salt. Mix well.
- Cook till pumpkin is soft. Sprinkle with a little water only if needed.
- Serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread).