This recipe is here because right now I do not have an oven to bake in and I did not realise you can use a crock pot for breads and cakes.
You put the batter into a pan which fits in the crock-pot, on a rack or stand, and then cook it
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cropped pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
*If using other metal container, either place a rack or crumpled aluminum foil at bottom of crockpot. Place container on top. After adding batter, top container with several paper towels. Make sure crockpot lid is loose and bake for regular amount of time.
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 3 large ripe bananas
– 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– approx. half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Turn crock pot on high
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl
3. In another bowl Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in bananas until well mixed. gradually add flour mixture. Stir until combined. Add chocolate chips.
4. Grease and flour bread pan and add batter.
5. Place a cookie cutter (or crumpled aluminum foil) at the bottom of crock pot. Place bread pan on top.
6. Cover crock pot with paper towels and place lid loosely on top. Bake for 3 hours. Do not check on bread until after it’s cooked for 2 hours. I actually cooked mine for closer to 4 hours but that might have been because I kept checking in on it.