Muffins are always popular….you can virtually use your own choice of flavour and ingredients to any basic muffin mixture.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (approx. two 6-inch zucchinis)
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chips or chopped
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chips or chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare muffins tin(s) for 24 muffins. Either lightly grease or use paper muffin cups. Combine ingredients 1 in large bowl. Set aside.
Completely combine second set of ingredients. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
Carefully, stir-in zucchini and chocolates. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes. Cool Chocolate Zucchini Muffins slightly on wire rack before serving.